We are a medical charity specializing in eye care & Surgery.
Our trustees ensure that the money we raise is used in the best possible way to support diagnosis and treatment for retinopathy.
Our Trustees are responsible for setting VBRA’s strategic direction and reviewing its operating and financial position. They are also responsible for VBRA’s system of internal control and its effectiveness.
- Shri. M.N. (Bhausaheb) Mohol
- Dr. Uday M. Donde
- Shri. Abhay (Kishor) A. Patil
- Shri. Dattaram V. Manerikar
- Dr. Bharati Anil Tendolkar
- Mrs. Meghana Sanjay Kulkarni
- Mr.Arun Chintaman Chavan
- Mr. Ravindra Ganpat Raut
- Mr. Bharghav B Choudhary
- Smt. Saroj Narayanrao Donde
- Mr. Vivekanad Gopinath Mhatre
- Mr. Bharat K. Doshi
- Smt. Shubhangi Abhay Patil
- Mr. Vilas Chafekar
- Mr. Vikas Patole
- Mr. Prabhakar Hari Kelkar
- Mr. Anil Vasant Chiplunkar
Shri. Madhukar (Bhausaheb) Namdeo Mohol
- Born at Mutha, in Mulshi Taluka of Pune District and came to Vasai in his early childhood.
- After passing S.S.C. examination he studied upto 12th Standard and took to sports. Cricket was his life.
- He joined Cine-Exhibition Business run by his family in Vasai : “Prabhat Cinema” later changed to “Janki Talkies”
- From his childhood he came in close association with Great Politicians, Social reformers of Maharashtra like Late Balasaheb Desai, Late Yashwantrao Chavan, Shri.Sharad Pawar and Late. Ganpatrao Vartak and Mr. Pranlalbhai Joshi whose association inspired him to be a Social Worker in real sense. As a result he got drifted towards Social activities .
- He is on the Board Of Trustees of Educational Institutions run by the Rayat Shikshana Sanstha in Pune District.
- Trustee of Late Mamasaheb Mohol Vidya Kreeda Prathishthan, Pune.
- Past President of Vasai Municipal Council.
- President in Vasai Kala Kreeda Mahotsava for 21 years since its inception.
- President of Vasai-colts Schools and college Tournaments.
- Past President of Vasai Kreeda Mandal, Vasai.
- Trustee of M.G.Parulekar Mitra Mandal Society, Vasai.
- Vice- Chairman of Vasai Urban Co-Op.Credit Society Ltd.
- Trustee of Vajreshwari and Nageshwar Mandir, Vasai.
- He evinced keen interest in Cricket since his childhood. Played Cricket at Vasai Taluka level Tournaments and played in Kanga League matches from 1962 to 81 as an all rounder. His best performance was as a bowler where he took 6 wickets for 6 runs.
- He is a Permanant Trustee of VBRA.
- He takes keen interest in upgradation of the Hospital.
Dr. Uday M. Donde
- He completed his M. Sc. and Ph.D. in Clinical Biochemistry from Seth G.S.Medical college and KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
- Parsued his post doctoral training in U.K. through Govt. of India and WHO Fellowship.
- He joined I.C.M.R. and retired as Deputy Director (Sr.Grade) from National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai.
- Had his posting through Ministry of External affairs in Developing countries as a Technical expert and Teaching Faculty member in clinical Biochemistry.
- Published 55 scientific papers, guided students for M.Sc.,PWD and trained Laboratory staff for competency in their profession.
- After retirement he started his own independent consultancy services named : UXL- Advisor and helped several Indian Laboratories to acquire IS/ISO accreditation and College of American Pathology Certification (CAP-LAP).
- He was Assessor of NABL.
- Participated in CAP-LAP Inspector Training Seminar and also in the awareness Program on Hospital Accreditation organised by Quality Council of India.
- Provided Advisory services to Metropolis Health Services India, Wellspring Path Lab Diagnostic Centre, Clinical Diagnostic centre, Vidya Diagnostic Centre and N. M. Medical Centre.
- He is a Governing Council Member of the Mumbai Suburban Education Society.
- He is a Trustee of VBRA since 1998.
Shri. Abhay (Kishor) A. Patil
- He obtained his Arts and Law degrees from Ruparel College, Mumbai.
- He is Leading practicing Advocate since 1974.
- During college days he represented his College in Cricket Tournament.
- He was Bombay University Runners up in Ring Tennis.
- Badminton Champion in Ismail Yusuf College, Mumbai.
- Played Kho-Kho at Vasai Taluka Level Tournaments.
- He was Elected Municipal Councilor, Vasai from 1985-90.
- Founder Member of Y.M.C.C. Cricket Club.
- He is associated with many Social Organisations:
- Trustee of M.G. Parulekar School, Vasai.
- Associated with VBRA for more than 15 years and looks after legal matters of the Organisation.
- Permanent Trustee.
Shri. Dattaram V. Manerikar
- Shri. Manerikar is an educationist and served as Principal of Bajipur Vanita Vinayalaya, Vasai (Jr.College of Education ) from 1968 to 1996.
- Presently he is Chief Executive Officer of Samarth Shiksha Mandal and Charitable Trust, Kalina,Mumbai.
- He is associated with many social and cultural Organisations in Vasai.
- Founder Secretary of Dr.M.G.Parulekar Mitra Mandal (Education Society)
- Member, Executive Committee Barve Education Society.
- Ex-President, Konkan Marathi Sahitya Parishad, Vasai Branch.
- General Secretary, 7th Marathi Sahitya Sammelan Dec.2001.
- Advisor, Shramik Mahila Vikas Sangh.
- Member, Vasai Music Circle.
- Director, Anaupcharik Sangit Sabha.
- He had organised Personality Development Camps on behalf of Dr.M.G.Parulekar Mitra Mandal.
- He has conducted Bal Sanskar Kendra on behalf of Amar Kala Mandal.
- He is actively associated with Vasai Blind Relief Association and has occupied the position as
- Chairman from Oct.1997 to Feb.2004.
- Managing Trustee from Feb.2004 to Feb.2009.
- Permanant Trustee from 2009.
- During his tenure as Chairman he has undertaken infrastructural development of the hospital.
- With the active co-operation of his team members the number of Cataract operations in the hospital increased consistently.
Dr. Bharati Anil Tendolkar
- Stood 11th in Board and first amongst the girls of Maharashtra in S.S.C.
- Won 9 prizes and National Merit scholarship F.Y. Science and Inter Science in
D.G. Ruparel college, Mumbai.
- Passed MBBS IN 1977 from Seth G.S. Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai
- Passed Diploma in Anesthesia in 1980 and M.D.Anasthsia in 1981 from GSMC
nd KEM Hospital
- Stood 2nd in M.D.in Mumbai University.
- Worked in KEM Hospital Mumbai for 29 years as Assistant Professor, Associate professor and professor.
- Was transferred to Sion Hospital (LTMGH) as Head of the Department. Was also given charge of Emergency Medical services.
- During entire tenure Appointed as M.B.B.S. Teacher by Mumbai University and
Maharashtra University if Health sciences.
- Appointed as D.A. and M.D. teacher by M.V.and MUHS.
- Published around 70 papers in National and International papers
- Appointed as MD and D.A. examiner multiple times by M.U. MUHS.
- Appointed as examiner by Karnatak University and Gujrat University.
- Given Anesthesia to more than 10,000 cases in different specialty.
- Attended Local state Level and conferences as speaker, moderator and chairperson.
- Appointed as Member of different hospital committees like blood bank, hospital infection adverse drug reactions etc.
- Member of Arogya Seva Board of Maharashtra for selection and purchasing equipements.
- Appointed as inspector by Indian Medical Council for recognition of colleagues.
- Appointed by D.N.B. board as Accessor.
- Appointed as observer by Maharashtra Medical Council for academic programs.
- Retired in 2017.
- Represented college in inter college Drama competitions
- Won Acting prizes.
Mrs. Meghana Sanjay Kulkarni.
- Leading as a Managing Trustee of Vasai Blind Relief Association.
- Is Associated with Vasai Blind Relief since 1982 and Trustee Treasurer since 1992. Her contribution for Andha Seva Nidhi of VBRA is appreciated by the organization.
- Has conducted training programs for Pre-primary, Primary and Secondary school teachers.
- Associated with many social and educational institutions in Vasai.
- Past president, Vidya Pratishthan, Vasai
- Trustee, Suman Jogalekar Trust, Vasai
- Past Vice chairman of Vasai Janata Sahakari Bank.
- Working as Director of Vasai Janata Sahakari Bank
- Managing Trustee of Mumbai Grahak Panchayat Vasai-Nallsopara Vibhag
- Woman’s National co-operative Banker’s conference 2014 – 2nd rank prize for Best Article.
- “Navdurga” award And Trophy from Bhartiya Janata Party for contribution in Banking field
- ‘Samaj Ratna” award 2018 from Ekta Charitable Trust
Mr. Arun C Chavan
- Member of Lions Club of Vasai District 323 –A3,Mumbai
- President of Lions Club of Vasai 4 times
- Project co-ordinate for Sight First,Medical camps and Anajdaan at club level
- Trustee Treasure – The Vasai Blind Relief Association\
- Advisor- Navyuvak Mitra Mandal,Vasai
Profession: M/s Chavan Builders : A Trusted name in construction in Vasai
Trustee Treasurer in Vasai Blind Relief Association since 2019
Social Work: Joined Lionism in 1978
Awards: Received Multiple District & International Certificate and Awards.
Mr. Ravindra Ganpat Raut
- Trustee Secretary in Vasai Blind Relief Association since 2019
- Was Trustee member in Vasai Blind Relief Association
- Was selected as First Police Patil from Khochiwade, Naigaon.
- Was President of Vasai Police Patil Sanghatna, Vasai Branch.
- Was President of Shree Ladkoji Maharaj Mandir, Vadavali, Naigaon.
- Was Committee Member of Thane Zilha Police Patil Sanghatna, Thane.
- Was trustee of Moreshwar Divakar Trust, Vasai.
- Is holding as Secretary of Sheshavanshi Kshatriya Bhandarti Samaj Vishwast Mandal, Vasai.
Mr. Bharghav B Choudhary
- Trustee Secretary at Vasai Blind Relief Association.
- Somvanshi Kshatriya Samajonnati Sangh, Dadar Hon. Seceretary for 6 years
- Acting working committee member of Samajonnati Shikshan Sanstha , Borivali
- Advisory committee member Somavanshi Kshatriya Samaj Mahamandal, Vasai
Mobile: 9930265313 Resi.: 0250-2312848
Add: Mulgaon,Wakulbhat,Opp.Kere Ponde Ground, Vasai West,Dist: Palghar- 401201
Service: Retired as Import Manager from M/s. Orient Ship Agency Pvt. Ltd. Ballard Estate, Mumbai – 400001
Smt. Saroj Narayanrao Donde
She is an Active Trustee of VBRA.
Mr. Vivekanad Gopinath Mhatre
- Worked as a Manager in Mithagar Kamgar Sahkari Sangh, Juchandra for 16 yrs
- He is a farmer and associated with many Social Organisations in and around vasai
- Chairman of Mithagar Kamgar Sahkari Sangh for last 5 yrs
- Member of Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Vidyalaya, Juchandra
- He is a Trustee Of VBRA and participate in V.B.R.A. activities
- Organises camps in and around Juchandra regularly every year
Mr. Bharat K. Doshi
- M/s B.K.Doshi & Co. (Chartered Accountant) (Proprietor)
- A-One Academy Pvt. Ltd. (Director)
- Prime Softech Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (Director)
Social Work :
Associations with Organisations:-
- Trustee- Vasai Vikasini College of Visual Art, Vasai.
- Trustee – Sarvajanik Ganesh Utsav Mandal, Manickpur, Vasai
- Secretary – M.G. Parulekar Mitra Mandal, Vasai.
Details of work done in Vasai Blind Relief Association-
- Monitoring Financial matters
- Helping Legal Compliance
- Negotiation with labour union
Smt. Shubhangi Abhay Patil
- Gratuated from Bombay University in Pharmacy (Dept.of Chemical Technology)
- Worked as Analytical Chemist in Raptakos & Brett Co.Ltd.for 14 years
New method development for New products from R&D Dept.& Biological testing
- After leaving the job she was running Medical Shop for 2 yrs
Trustee of M.G.Parulekar Mitramandal’s School
- Trustee Secretary in Vasai Blind Relief Association for 18 years
- Worked as Pharmacist in VBRA’S Pharmacy
- Attends Eye camps organised by VBRA & participated in distribution of Vit.A and Wormicides to the school children
Mr. Vilas Chafekar
- Worked as secretary in Kinjal Charitable Trust for 2 yrs
- Was President since 1983-2010 of Panchal Samaj, Vasai
- Working as Permanent Trustee in Vishwakarma panchal samaj utkarsh mandal since 5 yrs
- Was Trustee member of Lions club of Vasai
- Working was a Trustee member in Dr.Shirishkar Charitable Trust
Trustee Member in Vasai Blind Relief Association
Mr. Vikas Patole
Visha Marketing Services.
Mfg. & Marketing of Pharmaceuticals Equipment’s.
Awards / Honours received:
Various District, Multiple & International Levels Certificates from Lions Clubs International.
Social work / Associations with Organisations:
Trustee – The Vasai Blind Relief Association:
President – Lions Club of Vasai
Centennial District Cabinet Secretary – Lions Club International, District 3231 A3, Mumbai.
Managing Trustee – Green Plus Foundations
Advisor – Green plus Foundation, Vasai
Details of work done in Vasai Blind Relief Association:
Active Participation in Eye Check-up Camp organised by Vasai Blind Relief Association.
Mr. Prabhakar Hari Kelkar
- He is commerce graduate,passed F.C.A. in 1967
- Practicing as Chartered Accountant since 1970.
- He was Head Of the Department (Commerce ) in Annsaheb Vartak College, Vasai from 1972-2001.
- He was a Lecturer in Chinoy College from 1970- 1974.
- He was Chairman of Amar Kala Mandal from 1980-1990.
- Worked as a C.A. in Industries and Big Audit firm from 1967-1970.
- He is trustee in M.G.Paruleker Mitramandal .
- He was Vice chairman in M.G.Parulekar Mitramandal from 1985-2013.
- He was President in Vasai Vikasini’s Annasaheb Vartak College from 1998-2003.
- He is Trustee in Vasai Vikasini’s Annasaheb Vartak College.
- Co-opted member of Vasai Vidyavardhini, Vasai.
- Co-opted member in Vasai Blind Relief Association, Vasai.
Mr. Anil Vasant Chiplunkar
Education: NCTVT (Electronics), Diploma in Computer Hardware Engineering
Service / Professional / Business details:
Founder CEO of InfoCounselors, proprietorship company, working in the areas of Consulting, Audit and Trainings. The scope covers Information Security Management System (ISMS), Business Continuity Management System (BCMS), Cyber Fraud Management, Information Security Governance and Compliance reviews, Data Privacy assessment and implementation for several clients. Services provided involve formulating Security Strategies, Governance framework, Policies & Procedures; Information Security Audits and IS Risk Assessment as well as improved information security architecture covering information technology, physical and environmental security, logical access controls, security in information systems development process.
Also currently working on a full-time assignment as Associate Director – Information Security at Covance Scientific Services and Solutions P Ltd for last 4.5 years.
Worked across Asia Pacific, Middle East Countries: India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman, Bahrain and Australia.
• Principal Auditor ISO27001 (IRCA accredited),
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• Certified Forensic Accounting Professional (CFAP)
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Expert (CAME)
• Diploma in Cyber Law
• Member of Harvard Leaders Excellence (MLE)
• Certified Data Protection Professional (CDPP-I from FDPPI)
• Associate of Business Resiliency Certificate Consortium International (ABRCCI)
Awards and Accolades (indicative list, all not included)
• Most Promising CISO for 2017 by Information Security Live
• Most Promising CISO for 2018 by Information Security Live
• Winner – Security Governance – 2018 by UBS Transformance
• Finalist – Global CISO Awards 2018 – EC Council
• Winner – Data Driven CxO – Feb 2019, Transformance
• Invited for a closed group discussion on Fintech with Special Secretary to CM, Andhra Pradesh
Social Work / Associations with Organizations
As active participants of various social groups within and around Vasai, such as JNS, New English Alumni, Vasai First and others, involved in various social activities including awareness about digital payments, cyber security, relief operations in case of natural disasters (e.g. collection of funds, foods, cloths, medicines etc.).
Details of work done in Vasai Blind Relief Association
Associated with Vasai Blind Relief Association for more than 25 years. Initially used to do supportive work for various camps where the support tasks include patient registration, counselling, explaining prescription and any other tasks required for success of the camps. Since last couple of years, focused on computerization of the eye hospital.
Professional Memberships / Affiliations
• Member of Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
• Member of Association of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• Member of Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Life Member of Computer Society of India
• Member of Leaders Excellence, Harvard Square
• Panel member on Global Technology Review Panel of MIT
• Regional Vice President – Mumbai chapter, Foundation of Data Protection Professionals of India